GROUPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Enhanced competitiveness across the board, the proliferation of regulations (transportation, housing, mining, etc.), and quality control and globalization are just some of the challenges facing groups and associations active in every sector of the economy.
Our professionals at Cain Lamarre Casgrain Wells share their leading-edge expertise, providing you with valuable guidance. Whether to enhance your association’s performance, defend the rights of your members, or represent you or your members before government authorities, we can meet all your needs.
Insight into your sector
At a time when groups and associations must redefine their role to better convey their mission and reflect today’s new economic and political realities, these organizations can count on the team of seasoned attorneys at Cain Lamarre Casgrain Wells for expert advice and service tailored to their specific needs and situations. We can help you meet the new challenges you face with regard to governance, professional ethics, and managing your organization. Our experts make a point of staying abreast of the latest regulatory and liability developments in your profession, both at home and around the world.
Since we are regularly called on to deal with our own professional body—the Quebec Bar—and with organizations such as Conseil interprofessionnel du Québec, we have an in-depth understanding of the situations faced by groups and associations and can tailor our services to your exact needs. Our attorneys are professionals themselves who have had first-hand experience as chairs, executive directors, board members, or managers handling the day-to-day that arise in their organizations. With their vast experience, they are very familiar with the field and understand the challenges associations face in fulfilling the various aspects of their missions.
Like individuals, associations are also subject to the influences and pressures that today’s fast-paced and fast-changing world exerts:
- Shortage of professionals in certain sectors
- Demographic effects of the aging population
- New technology for greater mobility of services, sometimes on a global scale
- New trends in public governance (public/private partnerships, outsourcing, dependence on immigration to meet certain needs, etc.)
- Multiplicity of regulatory and representative organizations (government, ministries, agencies, unions, associations, national and international forums, etc.)
- World market pressures for organizations to standardize professional practices
- Trade and professional mobility agreements (domestic trade agreements, North American Free Trade Agreement, proposed Free Trade Area of the Americas, General Agreement on Trade in Services, European trade agreements, etc.)
Helping you fulfill your mission
For associations to fulfill their mission in today’s world, they must reposition themselves in relation to the new social, political, and economic order; redefine their challenges; revisit their objectives; identify new development strategies; and completely overhaul their operating procedures. This has created new needs for broader, multidisciplinary legal services more in tune with our changing world and at rates affordable to these organizations in transformation.
In addition to all the usual legal services our professionals can provide in every area of expertise, Cain Lamarre Casgrain Wells goes one step further by also offering:
- Customized strategic watch of the legal changes and developments affecting your sector
- Executive guidance for associations in performing certain aspects of their missions
- Strategic planning from a legal standpoint
- Management support
- Outsourced legal services
- Training and coaching
In short, we lighten your load so that you can focus all your energy on your core mission.